Dalsheimer’s documentary is an intricately woven texture of images, words and music as contemplative and lyrical as any one of Heyden’s own works. Filmed over the course of a year, nothing about this production is hurried. The experiences of life, which shape a life, are both gradually revealed and poignantly evident as the seasons change and time moves on… rendering this inspiring portrait all the stronger and deeper for that. Like Heyden’s life and work, this is a documentary of considerable integrity.
– Sue Lawty
Select the version of the DVD or Blu-ray disc you would like to purchase:
- For Non-Profits, Weavers Guilds, Arts Organizations. Public Libraries & Schools
- For Universities and For-Profit Organizations
- For Home Use
We once again have Silvia Heyden’s classic book, The Making of Modern Tapestry, available as a DVD/Book bundle. Visit our Home Use order page for more details and to place an order.
The film is also available on Kanopy, an on-demand streaming service for educational institutions. Students and faculty can preview and view the film here.
A Weaverly Path
62 minutes | hd | 16×9 | color | ntsc | English w/English subtitles
A wonderful film for anyone interested in understanding the value of a creative life well lived. The film reflects the rhythm of weaving — a slowing down that leads to a deep seeded peace and joy. And it draws us in, to experience a perspective sorely needed in this era of seemingly endless distractions. I especially recommend A Weaverly Path to college and high school level Art Schools, as well as to Fiber Art Guilds and appreciators of fine craft.
– Claire Campbell Park, author of “Creating with Reverence; Art, Diversity, Culture and Soul”
By the end of this absorbing portrait of the artist – marked by gorgeous camerawork and thoughtful editing – viewers begin to truly see Heyden’s interconnected world of beauty, sound, and movement. Highly recommended!
– Video Librarian
This sensitive and fascinating portrait reveals the union of creative mind and creative hands that is the sum of Heyden’s work
We are happy to be offering Silvia Heyden’s book, The Making of Modern Tapestry as part of a DVD/Book bundle. Learn more here.
– Joan Baxter, Tapestry Weaver
Ordering Info and Policies
- DVDs are leased for the life of the DVD. Once purchased, leased DVDs are licensed for direct projection only by the acquiring institution, educational organization or independent professionals. Home use versions are licensed for personal, in-home use only.
- Educational/Institutional buyers have 10 days to return the film for a full refund less a $10 restocking fee.
- All DVDs are protected by United States copyright law. Duplication, reproduction, alteration, subleasing, television (broadcast, cable or close circuit) or commercial use (i.e., charging admission) is strictly prohibited without written consent from the filmmakers.
- If your organization has limited resources and/or has questions about ordering a DVD please contact us.
- If you want to plan screening for more than 50 people and/or charge admission to an event please contact us.
Please contact us if you are interested in bringing Silvia Heyden and/or Kenny Dalsheimer to your screening event.
A portion of all DVD and Blu–ray sales will be donated to the Eno River Association, whose mission is to conserve and protect the natural, cultural and historic resources of the Eno River Basin.